[3830] IARU W8AV SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W8AV SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 07:10:05 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 21:12

  160:    17    0       3        2
   80:   140    0      15       16
   40:   303    0      26       32
   20:   529    0      31       29
   15:   139    0      18       32
   10:     0    0       0        0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1128    0      93      102  Total Score = 771,615

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Had serious thoughts about doing something else at the start of the contest due
to very poor conditions here.  But I hung in there.  15 was pretty good in the
afternoon and 20 got rolling later on. Had some rain static several times due
to a pretty good batch of showers that came through in the afternoon.  Thanks
for the patience from all the stations that were trying to work me when the QRN
from the rain was almost S-9.

Never made it to 10.  I listened for a bit from time to time but never heard
anything that would make me want to abandon what rates on 15 and 20 to go
there.
I'll be glad when the sun spots return, it will make this contest more
enjoyable and I will probably be able to stay up for the full 24 hours.