[3830] IARU N2WN SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N2WN SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 05:49:26 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: Blaine
Operating Time (hrs): ~16

  160:    5            1         1
   80:   16                      4
   40:   69                     32
   20:  196                     49
   15:   61                     29
   10:   16                     11
-------------------------------------
Total:  363     0      1       126  Total Score = 106,553

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

The first 6 to 8 hours were excruciatingly slow, particularly when compared to
last year. Almost tossed in the entire effort, but didn't... My QSO count was
way down, particularly for domestic QSOs, not sure why beyond poor propagation.
20 was lousy most of the weekend on the plus side there were good EU openings on
10 and 15. Considering I was running QRP, I was tickled to work so many EU HQ
stations on one or two calls on both 10 and 15. On the other hand, I never
heard W1AW/9 on 10 (or many other stations from that area) QSO counts were way
down compared to last year on 10 and 15, but multipliers were up. Come to think
of it, not much from the Pacific on 15 either, which is unusual. 20 picked up
nicely Saturday night, to Asiatic Russia and some northern EU and Pacific
stations, no luck with Japan. I did hear one JA on 40. Thanks for all the
attempts and patience! 73, Julius