[3830] NAQP RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cfmorris@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:21:23 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: KI5XP
Operator(s): KI5XP
Station: W5WMU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Lafayette, La
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:   71    28
   40:  221    47
   20:  298    55
   15:  114    34
   10:   26    14
-------------------
Total:  730   178  Total Score = 129,940

Club: Cajun Contest Club

Team: SWACC

Comments:

That sure was interesting!  Very surprised and very happy to see the high bands
open!

Worked the heck out of 10m and 15m.  40m was wayyy down compared to February
and last July.  That had me quite worried, but 15m produced nearly 3 times the
amount of q's as previous years.

Score was WAY down from Feb and last July.  Guess its conditions?  20m proved
to be the workhorse band, which is quite different then usual where its 40m.
Hopefully it will hold up.

Only ran into 1 QSO B4, and hopefully I got the message through to him.  "Dupes
dont hurt, you're not in my log, and you will be penalized if you dont work me
now.  Please remove the B4 message as its unnecessary."  I sure hope that
settles in!

Nice job by the DMC guys for checking the schedule (VERY tongue-in-cheek).
Made for interesting "hard-headedness" between NA and EU stations.   Tried to
remain calm and avoid frequency fights, which I did, kinda.  Hard to beat a DX
station when you're only running 100W!  Did work a few stations sending both a
serial number (DMC) and name and state for QP.  That was the way to go!

Thanks for the q's and hope all had as great a time as me.