[3830] CQWW VHF K1TEO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jdklein@hewitt.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K1TEO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:41:51 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT/FN31
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

    6:  299    99
    2:  136    36
-------------------
Total:  435   135  Total Score = 77,085

Club: Northeast Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Was able to operate a good deal on Saturday, though 3 sets of t-storms moving
through required several shutdowns. As 6M was not open at the time, I opted for
taking the family out for dinner. Sunday was very limited as it was visiting day
at my daughter's camp and was only able to operate a short while in the morning
and a few minutes in the last half hour of the contest.

At 2315z I had not worked a single e-skip contact and was starting to think the
contest might be a bust. Shortly after that I  was pleasantly surprised to have
VO1NO in GN19 come back to a CQ. About 15 minutes later a few Gulf Coast
stations started popping in. For the next 3 hours or so the band was open,
first to the Gulf States and then swinging around to MN and then to various
spots in the Midwest, with some double hop to CA and the DN grids. Great to
work KB7ME in DN02 and KB8U in DN93 for all time new grids on 6. It was never a
very strong or widespread opening, and there was a lot of QSB and weak signals,
but still was a fun evening on 6M. The opening died down around 0245z and I
pulled the plug before midnight to get some sleep for the next day's drive to
camp.

Tnx for the QSO's and to CQ for sponsoring the contest.

73, Jeff K1TEO