[3830] NCCC Sprint VA7ST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint VA7ST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:26:08 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 25

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   5     5
   20:
-------------------
Total:   5     5  Total Score = 25

Club:

Comments:

Couldn't miss the final night, even if I only got on for a few minutes near the
end. Finished the 2008 ladder with a whimper, swinging from the bottom rung :)

Still had the radios lashed up for SO2R 40M and 80M from NAQP RTTY, so that's
what I ran, though it was at a turtle's pace on CW (have not practiced CW SO2R,
so this was a first brief foray with the fully-filtered two-radio setup).

Just 5 Qs, all on 40M. 20 percent (1 Q) featured a QLFed number on this end.
Almost hooked up with big-sig N9RV on 80M but we would have rubber-clocked so
SO2R actually produced no extra contacts. I suspect all the brain-cycles it
used would have produced 20 or so Qs in the same time if SO1R.

The NCCC net on 3610 showed how bad 80M is at this time of day -- could hear
Ken N6RO, DanWa K7SS, and Tom W7WHY but few others.

The ladder was fantastic this year, even if I wasn't able to do much on any
given Thursday night. Thanks to all for the fun!