[3830] IOTA G4MKP SO24CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA G4MKP SO24CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:44:49 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: G4MKP
Operator(s): G4MKP
Station: G4MKP

Class: SO24CW HP
QTH: Solihull
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:   77      20       1
   40:  223      28
   20:  340      37       4        2
   15:   53       4
   10:
Total:  698      91       0        0  Total Score = 324,870

Club:

Comments:

Good afternoon everyone.

IOTA 2008 Set-up at G4MKP:

Elecraft K3 + Challenger 3 Amplifier at about 400W.

Antennas:

15m - Vertical
20M - Dipole
40m - Vertical
80m - Inverted L

Decided to give SSB a try but could not cope with the endless repeats and will
enter the cw section only. However, my simple set-up allow me to compete with
the best of you and I'm not too dissapointed with the score. I have a few
busted calls and have marked them accordingly in the log. I struggle with some
ops - One guy sent his exchange three times and it went like this (took me a
full 5 minutes to complete the exchange and I can run at 3/minute:

G4MKP de ****** TU cfm 5NN 101/599 ATA/ATA 101 599.

Ok, bitching over. Thank you very much for the Qs everyone and your patience.
It was a superb contest and as Don (G3XTT) says, 'Mults are King' and there
were plenty around!