[3830] IOTA 5Q2T Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oz0j@oz0j.dk
Subject: [3830] IOTA 5Q2T Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:22:27 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: 5Q2T
Operator(s): OZ0CP;OZ0J;OZ2JBC
Station: 5Q2T

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: eu-030 bORNHOLM
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   24       6       50       14
   40:   16       3      147       20
   20:   29       4      336       32
   15:   41       3      247       23
   10:   56       9      103       18
Total:  166      24      883      112  Total Score = 960,300

Club:

Comments:

The decision of the DX-pedition to EU-030 Bornholm Island was made a few months
ago. OZ2JBC / 5Q2J and his girlfriend OZ0CP would like to have a short vacation
on the island before the contest. They arrived Friday July 18 and booked a place
at the former military areal just outside the main city Ronne.

OZ0J / 5Q2T arrived Friday 25 July with the morning ferry and we started to
unpack the setup Friday at noon.

The Spiderbeam was put together for the first time ever, and that was a bigger
challenge than expected. After a few adjustments the beam was workable on the
contest bands. We were on air 45 minutes after the contest start.

The weather was more than good. The Danish summer can be quite a challenge but
we had sunshine all day and up to 30 degrees Celsius. Unfortunately we had a
little more wind than wanted on Saturday so the Spiderbeam was not in full
height.

The band conditions where better than expected but we are still in the low end
of the sunspots so QSOâ??s outside Europe where very rare. With only one
CW-operator (not in shape) the main QSOâ??s where made in SSB. However, some CW
QSOâ??s where also made.

Highlights:

The good condx especially on 10M mostly on Sunday
The QSO on 40M CW to NA (made on a 40 M dipole)
The good weather

Lowlights

We last the receiver on the multiplier station during Saturday night because
both stations where on the same band. All QSOâ??s Sunday where made on only one
station.
The time for the first time to sample and put up a Spiderbeam.

QSL via OZ0J. Log search at www.oz0j.dk

Thanks for all the QSOâ??s and cuagn next year â?? from another island.

73 OZ0J