[3830] IOTA GM7V Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA GM7V Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 01:00:45 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: GM7V
Operator(s): GM3WOJ, GM0NAI, PE7T
Station: GM7V

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EU-010 Benbecula
Operating Time (hrs): 24.0

   80:   226      50      193      41
   40:   439      79      324      52
   20:   435      59      682      80
   15:    95      48      208      50
   10:    49      33       80      29
Total:  1244     269     1487     252  Total Score = 10,293,918

Club: North of Scotland CG

Comments:

IOTA Contest 2008 - GM7V - Multi-op Island DXpedition

Benbecula EU-010 is a low-lying island in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland -
beautiful scenery and flora, but a wild place in winter. The GM7V team came 3rd
in the IOTA Multi-op DXpedition class in 2006 from Benbecula, but did not take
part in 2007.

We had 3 operators unable to join us this year, so decided to go ahead with
just 3 operators. This did not seem such a good idea at 10pm on Friday after 9
gruelling hours in the hot sun (unusual for Benbecula) installing 5 antennas -
the 15cm deep topsoil and then solid rock being one of the many problems.
Despite extensive advance preparations the antenna installation work took much
longer than expected.

Conditions were fairly good for the low numbers - EU10 is ideally sited for
working UK 15-pt QSOs on all 5 bands - we were disappointed to not work (or to
miss) enough JA stations.

Some photos and more of the GM7V IOTA 2008 story are on the webpage
www.gm7v.com/iota2008.htm

These IOTA QSOs were a milestone for us on LoTW - we crossed the 300000 QSOs
barrier, with nearly 49000 QSL confirmations on LoTW. If you need a paper QSL
for GM7V EU-010, please visit QRZ.COM for the new address of Linda M0CMK our
QSL manager.

Great scores from GJ6YB, ES2Q, DR6IOTA, MD4K etc but watch out guys when the
sunspots return - we have the highest 'points per operator' in IOTA = 3.43
million each !

73
Chris
GM3WOJ/ZL1CT with Jim GM0NAI/GM7R and Wil PE7T/ZL2BSJ