[3830] WAE CW NN3W(@N3HBX) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn3w@cox.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW NN3W(@N3HBX) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 06:41:28 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N3HBX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:  160   160   128
   40:  465   463   132
   20:  680   678   102
   15:  182   182    76
   10:   56    56    42
-------------------------
Total: 1543  1539   480  Total Score = 1,478,400

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As always, thanks to N3HBX for letting me occupy the Poolesville station this
weekend.  Nothing broke, although Tower #3 is stuck at 100 degrees, forcing me
to use the mult stack on EU on 15.  But, it worked fine.  BTW, in case you
haven't heard, John's legal war has ended and his towers are still there.  An
amazing amount of money was burned in this endeavour, but the results are very
favorable.  Congratulations John!

This was two contests.  Day 1, and Day 2 when the storms arrived.  Had 1120
QSOs in Day 1 and 1400 QSOs by 1400z on Day 2.  Then the weather gods decided
to unzip.  Awful, awful noise and QRN.  Every single QSO was a chore and some
QSOs took 2-3 minutes to complete.  S9+15 rain static at 1800z wiped me out -
even with after switching to the low yagis on the stack to minimize noise.
Just terrible.

The guys up North got lucky on this one.  Folks from PA south got clobbered
from what I could see on the radar.  I think the scores show that....

Had close call with the QTCs.  Had a QTC deficit of over 400 going into Sunday
morning, and thanks to a lot of willing stations, I worked that down and was
finally caught up at 2230 Sunday.

Nice opening on 10 meters!  Folks need to listen more.  There was an opening
around 1730-1800 but nobody was home.  4O3A was loud loud loud at that point as
were other Balkan stations.