[3830] WAE CW VY2EJ(K0EJ) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW VY2EJ(K0EJ) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:25:03 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2EJ
Operator(s): K0EJ
Station: VY2ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:  256   256   172
   40:  554   552   141
   20:  865   865   108
   15:  187   187    78
   10:   83    83    48
-------------------------
Total: 1945  1943   547  Total Score = 2,126,736

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

A big thank-you to Jeff/VY2ZM. Sorry it took me so long to finally make it up
there. Sure was different than contesting from TN. Jeff told me he never lost
WAE for NA from VY2 so I had better put on my "game-face". Hopefully I didn't
disappoint. No major equipment issues other than those self-induced via cockpit
error. Hadn't been using SO2R much in the past year so pretty much played SO1R
except to check band condx and pick up spotted mults with 2nd rig. A better op
probably would've done even better. Did have some issues with wx. Had to
abandon 20M for a few hours Saturday during a great run due to rain static.
Jeff sat in his garage reading the paper for about 3 hrs with the door wide
open, judging how close the lightning was getting. Didn't have to shut down but
rate went into the toilet and spent time on 15M with spotty condx-must've been a
little better to the south. Whoever spotted me on packet with the comment "VY2EJ
- Loud but DEAF" was sure being kind!! Nice 10M opening-very skewed/very
brief-on Sunday helped. To those who called me "John"-sorry, wrong "EJ".

contesting from home will never be the same.

73,  Mark K0EJ/VY2EJ