[3830] SCC RTTY S51A(S55O) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, s55o@hamradio.si
Subject: [3830] SCC RTTY S51A(S55O) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 05:17:21 -0700
                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: S51A
Operator(s): S55O
Station: S53APR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ljubljana
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:  135   274    49
   40:  263   587    61
   20:  428  1086    65
   15:   46    90    29
   10:    9     9     8
-------------------------
Total:  881  2046   212  Total Score = 433,752

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

First time soab on rtty. It was fun, just the condx let me down. No opening
whatsoever on 28, i had to move mults and most of them didnt want to move (isnt
supposed that the 10x per h move rule is just for this ?). On 15m i would say
some tropo qso and that's it.
The equipment worked well, no problem whatsoever, the reconstructed modificated
eco by s56zab held 1.4kW and everything else held the brute force of hp rtty (it
was a test before cqww). Lots to change before we can use this station to be a
competitive one tough. The dipole on 80m let me down, seems the closeness of
the dipole for 160m doesnt help him to radiate, but it's the other way around.
I had to call at least 2 times everyone on 80m and that with HP - dissapointing
. i dont want to think what would've been with lp :))

I never felt loud on the bands, but the th6dxx seems that resonates in the
vicinity of the rtty frq, so it kind of worked, but still it is to change. Lots
of noise generated by the town and that didnt help me a lot.
Without beveriges and other rx equipment it went well.

No filter in the ft1000 mp Mark five on the subreciever, so i didnt use the
subreciever at all. Next time!

Thanks to all that helped and gave some points, i realy appreciate it. I meet
some friends and congratulations to the big guns that made the scores!

Good luck till next time

eq:
ft-1000 mp mark V
Acom 2000