[3830] NA Sprint CW N5DO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N5DO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 21:35:40 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   84     1.5
   40:  125     1.5
   20:   50       1
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Ditters

Comments:

I spent most of the day working on my Cushcraft 402CD antenna.  It had been very
erratic; it seemed to work OK when it was wet, and not work well at all when it
was dry.  Since it is dry most of the time in west Texas, it didn't work most
of the time.  We took the driven element down and opened up the loading coils.
It looked like there had been a lightning strike and there was a lot of
corrosion at the screws which makes the contact between the antenna elements
and the loading coils.  We cleaned the aluminum at all the joints, etc and put
it back up and it is working much better.  Now to do the same treatment to the
reflector.  This was my best score ever in a September Sprint and even beat my
score from last September when I operated high power.  Great fun!