[3830] NA Sprint CW K8MM LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K8MM LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 22:14:47 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K8MM
Operator(s): K8MM
Station: K8MM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:  103
   40:   79
   20:   58
---------------------

Club: Thumb Area Contesters

Team:

Comments:

This was my best score ever in the sprint, and it was done using low power. Not
bad for a small tri-bander and some wire in the trees. My previous high score
was done using HP and a 100' tower.

The Thursday night NS sessions really paid off, as my timing and copying
ability were in good shape. It was nice to work a lot a familiar calls from
those sessions.

The southern CA stations were loud on 20 and I also had two different KL7's
call me. Fourty was good to the west coast within the first hour and 80 was in
good shape to the west as well a little later.

I got a laugh out of VA1MM calling me on 40 and 80 after I lost a few "jump
balls" trying to call him.

My K2/100's receivers worked really well. This is the first time I've used them
in a real contest. I had no problem separating closely spaced loud signals, I
couldn't do that with my TS-450's. Now I can't wait for February. See you then.