[3830] NA Sprint CW K6VVA HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K6VVA HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 23:30:34 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   69
   40:   85
   20:   77
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #3

Comments:

Due to unresolved keying problems remain with my low power solar/battery remote
site, I decided to operate from my home QTH RF Hole as suggested by several
fellow NCCC'ers.

Spent four hours until just before the start time making some major home
station changes, including putting an SPE Expert 1K-FA amp in the food chain
for an intense test drive.  As the amp heated up, the output dropped ;0(

20m condx were really poor here, and it was a real struggle on 40m with a low
inverted vee.  Some usual QLF on the keyboard, and apologies to NF4A for taking
sooooooo long to get my fingers to finally press the correct keys, and to
several stations who called but then vaporized into the QRN.

73 & Tnx for all the Q's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust