[3830] NA Sprint CW K8ZZV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kennyt@mwt.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K8ZZV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 07:11:50 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K8ZZV
Operator(s): K8ZZV
Station: K8ZZV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  32
   40:  47
   20:  13
---------------------
Total:  92     Mults = 34  Total Score = 3,128

Club:

Team:

Comments:

This was my first NA CW Sprint-what a rush!  I thought I was getting to be a
pretty good contester, but I was amazed at the skill of the great majority of
the operators.  I almost gave up in the first half hour, but I stuck with it.
I made a lot of mistakes early on, but my proficiency increased as the evening
went on.  I guess I'll be lucky to have 75 valid contacts out of my 92 total.

Thanks to all who slowed down a bit when they heard me at about 30 wpm and the
many who were asked to repeat information.  Your consideration will help to
expand participation in this great event. And I apologize to those who couldn't
figure out what I was doing when I hit the wrong message key.

In spite of everything, I had a blast with my 100 watts and 30-foot-high
dipoles.  I learned a lot and I can't wait to try and improve my score next
time.  It'll also be great practice for other contests and QSO
parties...they'll seem a lot more leisurely now!