[3830] WAE SSB DJ2PB(@DL0WW) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB DJ2PB(@DL0WW) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:28:02 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: DJ2PB
Operator(s): DJ2PB
Station: DL0WW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:   26     0    14
   40:   77    40    29
   20:  648   581    69
   15:   10     0     6
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  761   621   293  Total Score = 402,289

Club:

Comments:

My first Single Op contest. Preparation was not perfect because of my late
decision to participate. Basically this meant no voice keyer and not enough
sleep before the start.

Big thanks to Stefan, DL1IAO, who equipped me with everything I needed to
operate as comfortably as it was possible without a "parrot".

I took it half-serious and missed a lot of mults on the low bands in the nights
(where I prefered sleeping).

However, it was much fun afterall. Enjoyed the 20m NA runs, even though at one
time I was told to move from 14.274 because I was "too close to .275". Should
have been more suspicious since the guy didn't tell me his call. Anyway I
stopped calling CQ immediately because I thought they were using 275 as a
hurricane emergency frequency.
A few minutes later, when i checked the QRG again, 2 or more people were
insulting each other and playing random sound files without mentioning any
calls. After a short google research, I now know what .275 is about and I
shouldn't have given up on the good run afterall.

Thanks for the QSOs and QTCs and see you soon,

Patrick