[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N9TF Limited Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N9TF Limited Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:01:45 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  160    51  Total Score = 10,812

Club:

Comments:

RAIN RAIN RAIN!!!! Conditions less than average to poor. Some really noisy band
conditions parts of both days due to some really heavy down pours. Signals on 6
and 2 were attenuated most of the time. Had difficullty hearing a few stations
on 6 and 2 that are normally loud. 432 seemed normal to somewhat above average
more than the bottom two. Although I don't have SSB on 222, I could tell that
signals were down there as well. I can usually work Erv, K8EB in EN73 and K8MD,
Mark in EN82 on 223 FM with a 4 element horizontal beam and 25 watts pretty
reliable. Not this time though. I didn't hear a whisper out of Mark, and just a
whisper from Irv.
Local activity was down as has been the normal of late. Just a handfull of FM
Q's on 2 and 440. Was somewhat dissapointed to find out that two local rovers,
who really help this peanut whistle  contest station with their local multiple
roves, operated at another limited multi-op location this year.
Highlight of this years contest was being able to work W9FZ/R in EN65 on 2 and
432.
Lowlight was going horse and getting carpaltunnel from yelling CQ on SSB and CW
for hours with little to no response, but I guess that's V/UHF life!

73 Gene N9TF
Badger Contesters