[3830] CQ WW RTTY KL8DX SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl8dx@livingindenali.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KL8DX SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 00:18:58 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   80:    1     1       1       0     1
   40:    7    17       3       3     4
   20:  715  1681      62      54    23
   15:    1     1       1       0     1
   10:    1     1       1       0     1
Total:  725  1701      68      57    30  Total Score = 263,655

Club:

Comments:

Wow, a fun filled digital weekend! 20 meters died quickly on
Friday night but by early Saturday morning, EU was coming in
pretty good. Lots of polar flutter made it harder than normal
but still lots of great signals from over the pole. 20 meters
was wall to wall from 14048 to 14149 Saturday and Sunday!

Only state missed was WY! A personal best for me in this contest
thanks to 20 meters. Some new local line noise kept me from the
low bands but hopefully that will be resolved soon per the local
power company.

I kept checking 15 meters and nothing heard with the exception
of SV8CS on 15 meters around 1648z on Saturday!!  I called with
all I had but my small signal was unable to be heard.

A few stations asked for my state, which I gladly gave but AK
was "DX" in this one. Confusing to some and rightfully so as I
always have to check to make sure. There is no confusion about
when winter arrived this year as it turned out to be this weekend!
Woke up Sunday morning to a measured 5 1/2 inches of fresh snow.

Logs will be uploaded to LOTW and my online log search. Due to
my line noise I'm sure I missed a few, sorry! Thanks to all for
the contacts!  See ya in the next RTTY contest.

Phil - KL8DX
Denali National Park, AK
Icom 756PRO
Mosley TA-34-XL @ 43 feet