[3830] CQ WW RTTY K0TV M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K0TV M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 03:24:57 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): K2TE, W1END, W1FDR, N1EMC, WQ1Z
Station: K0TV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: New Hampshire
Operating Time (hrs): 38

   80:  187   373       38      41    13
   40:  515  1167       44      79    23
   20:  426  1016       37      76    23
   15:  103   207       19      31    18
   10:    0     0        0       0     0
Total: 1231  2763      138     227    77  Total Score = 1,221,246

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was a first time operating a RTTY contest on anything other than a
casual basis. I intended the operation to be a tune up for the SSB and
CW weekends coming up. The station has been reconfigured and some new
equipment has been added. I've put together a new amplifier rack using
two commercial marine band amplifier decks acquired at a flea market.
Together I've dubbed them "AmpZilla". What better than a RTTY contest
to make sure they won't have any problems. The amps performed very
well and I'm sure they won't have a problem during the CW and SSB
weekends. Since they're auto-tune and can be remote controlled, I've
removed them from the "operating room". It's much quieter and cooler
in here now.

Only a few members of the regular team came over and those who did had
a great time. I sure did. We'll definitely be back in this one next
year. I couldn't keep the station on full time and I'm sorry I missed
the European opening on Saturday morning. 20 had just opened when I
realized that I would have trouble staying awake and I didn't want to
fall asleep while calling CQ in autorepeat. Lots of exciting DX to
work and a good time was had by all who came.

MVP goes to K2TE for not only putting in a superb effort here but then
going home to make a great SO score.

Best 73 to all,

Jerry - K0TV