[3830] TxQP N8II Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@AOL.COM
Subject: [3830] TxQP N8II Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:19:25 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 3.75

  160:
   80:
   40:    5      7
   20:   51    122
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   56    129      0  Mults = 98  Total Score = 43,531

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Instead of spending time joyfully running Texans on phone, I was mining salt for
the day shift period both days. Started at 2025Z, stopped at 0110Z and managed
to work more QSO's than in many more hours of the Salmon Run and 98 counties. I
had a pipeline into TX until 0015Z, and still was able to hear WTX at 02Z, MUCH
BETTER than '07. The activity seemed down from last year on 20 and 40 CW was a
sea of CQWW RTTY the whole time. But, I was able to call CQ on 20 phone and get
a lot of answers including mobiles KB5U, WB0TEV (both always loud!), N5UV, and
KD6HWD who kept coming back for more when they moved to a new county.Amongst
mobiles, K5NA led the way with 14 Q's in 9 counties, WW5X and W0BH 8 each, KB5U
7, WB0TEV 6; so totaled 5 bonuses. Many thanks guys for making it a lot of fun!
Sorry to say I only caught Chuck NO5W in 3 counties, but thanks for your
efforts and to the sponsor. This should really be fun when the spots return.