[3830] TxQP KB9OWD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP KB9OWD Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 11:44:01 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:   13      2
   40:   43     35
   20:  106     31
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  162     68      0  Mults = 133  Total Score = 91,726

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Total score is with 9,000 bonus points added on.

Had a good time in this one.  I had a fair amount of time to spend playing
radio in this one.  Made a fair part off and on the first day.  Missed the
start of the 2nd day as a fishing trip Sunday morning with my dad lasted longer
than expected and had to quit a few hours early in the afternoon to make my part
time job.

Conditions were fairly good.  20 was nice Saturday evening as it had totally
dropped out however picked back up for about an hour after dark with the
mobiles 5/9 plus! 40 and 80 a bit noisy but worked well among it for the most
part.

Picked up bonus points from the following mobiles: K5NA (26 counties), NO5W (18
counties), W0BH (13 counties), K5UN (13 counties), WW5X (12 counties), N5NA and
W3DYA (both 8 counties), KE5MS (6 counties) and KB5U (5 counties).  Just missed
an extra 1,000 points with N4CD and N3BB each at 4 counties.

The mobiles, as in most qso parties, make this one fun.  Had a great time
chasing them around.  My goals for this one were to beat last year, which I did
and to work 1/2 or more of the Texas counties, which I also achieved.

Thanks to NO5W and others for making this one possible again.  Sorry for the
delay in posting.  Conditions much worse from here in CQP so have plenty of
time to work on it now hi hi!

See you all in the upcoming fall season!

73

Ryan KB9OWD