[3830] CaQP K4RO SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K4RO SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:41:43 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0      0
   80:    2      0
   40:   64      9
   20:  129    251
   15:    2      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Wow, they know how to party in California! I managed 10 hours of operation,
mostly during the daylight hours, and had a blast. The only 15 meter QSOs
were with W6YX and N6O, and both were very weak. I worked a lot of new contest
operators from California, and I look forward to working them again. Calling
CQ was usually far more productive on phone. Fantastic activity from the
Golden State, as always. Nice to work my old contesting pal K4JNY from his
new home in paradise.

I thought that I was just going to operate for a few hours, but the mult
chase sucked me in like a Siren's Song. Before I knew it, I was committed
to at least trying to work all 58. I had 56 in the bag by bed time, and #57
came fairly quickly Sunday morning.  Number 58 remained very elusive until...

The major highlight was working W6OAT in the final minute of the contest,
for the final multiplier that I was missing. I'm glad I came back to "the
W 6 Oscar station" instead of the other two stations that answered my CQ,
as there was only time left for just one final QSO. Thanks for that great
contesting moment, Rusty. It really doesn't get any better than that!

I look forward to doing this contest full time again some day, and winning
another bottle of that fine Oakley wine. Waiting for those spots to shine...

73 from Pegram, TN

-Kirk  K4RO