[3830] CaQP NO5W/M SOMobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP NO5W/M SOMobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:48:25 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: NO5W/M
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SOMobile LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   73
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:   73     0  Mults = 37  Total Score = 8,103

Club: NARS

Comments:

Equipment:
IC-7000
HI-Q 4/80 antenna
75 AHr AGM battery
2002 Pathfinder
Software: CQ/X de NO5W ver 1.7.4

It's a week after going mobile for 800+ miles in the Texas QSO Party, and
hurricane Ike has flattened all my fixed antennas so it's decision time: stay
in and enter the paper logs received from TQP in the database or go out in the
mobile and see we can do in the CQP. Not much decision there so away we went.
Too noisy with chainsaws in the neighborhood so we had to hit the road. One
thing that was driving me was to hear what a RTTY-free QSO party sounds like on
CW -- ah what a pleasure even though conditions were not real great.

I didn't get started until early Sunday afternoon but had a blast in the 3
hours I was out and about. It was great fun seeing what the mobile could do
with the highlights being breaking a few pileups and then working other mobiles
including K6AQL/M, W6OAT/M and KS5A/M. Good ears on all of those mobiles as well
as the many fixed stations worked usually with only one call. I'd only intended
to spend an hour or so sweeping the bands but every time I thought this would
be the last sweep a new one would show up and I'd be hooked for another pass.
Finally, with the Q count showing 73 and not much new showing up, I decided it
was time to QRT -- now where did I put all those paper logs?

73 es thanks for another fine CQP,

Chuck/NO5W