[3830] CaQP KB9OWD SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP KB9OWD SOFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 19:28:43 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:    6      0
   40:   24     11
   20:   61     64
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:   91     75  Mults = 49  Total Score = 20,727

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Had planned a very part time effort in this one after using up alot of energy
last weekend in TQP and alot of things going on throughout the weekend.

Missed the beginning due to a short lived fishing trip that went a little long.
 Was going to be home for the start but fish were biting well and enjoying time
with my dad so we extended it out a bit.  Played for a few hours and had to
leave about the time conditions out west would have peaked Saturday evening for
a birthday party.

While at the party started to not feel well.  Was most likely fatigue from
being up before dawn to fish etc.  Came home and got back on 40 and 80 however,
conditions stunk west from here and got frustrated fast on top of not feeling
well and called it a night.

Slept later than I wanted Sunday morning and got on about 1430Z.  40 was dead
and started to hand out a few QSO's on 20 which was worse here than on
Saturday.  Had a few hours to scroll around the band and had to call it quits
about 1900 to attend my father in law's 60th birthday party.

Conditions from here were much worse than last weekend in TQP.  I apologize for
the repeat requests but there was DEEP QSB on all bands basically throughout the
contest.  A station would be CQing at 5/9 and by the time I would call, get
acknowledged and get a number and county they were gone.  This required lots of
repeats and lots of patience which with the loads of things going on this
weekend and feeling a bit under the weather I did not have hi hi!  I managed 2
qso's with K6AQL/M and one with W6OAT/m and both were light.  I did literally
work all I could hear when I was on and that was not alot!

Congrats to Dan, N6MJ at W6YI for another outstanding score.  Had a chance to
work him several times and it was nice to run into him as always.  I tried to
move him to 15 on Saturday just to see if anything was doing and I heard not a
peep.  Not just from him, but from the entire band all weekend and I did check
on a regular basis.  Dan continues to post outstanding scores and is a great
ambassador for all of us "young" contesters!  Keep up the excellent work Dan!

I have hesitated to post on band conditions in the past as there isn't a whole
lot we can do but this weekend seemed like the extreme of poor conditions that
I have seen from here.  It has to get better!

See you all in the upcoming fall season!

73,

Ryan KB9OWD