[3830] CaQP K0HC M/SSchool HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K0HC M/SSchool HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:46:57 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): K0HC
Station: K0HC

Class: M/SSchool HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:          19
   40:          35
   20:         125
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:   0     179  Mults = 54  Total Score = 19,332

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

This was our first on-air practice session of the year for the Hesston College
Amateur Radio Club, and what better way to get started than the CQP! This year
I had 5 students participate in the CQP : Keith, Chris, Chloe, Donny, and BJ
(all unlicensed). After a good training session, they jumped in and found LOTS
of really loud stations to S&P. On Sunday afternoon, Keith was the first to try
running and generated quite a pileup as everyone went looking for one last Q to
put in the log.

The students checked off 54/58 counties missing only SBEN SFRA SIER and SUTT
and especially enjoyed listening for other schools (they found W6YX but missed
W6RFU).  They're already talking about the PAQP next weekend, and we'll do some
more training this week for other students who signed up but didn't get on the
air.

Thanks to all who recognized the "new" ops and patiently helped them along!
Their smiles were definately worth the effort.

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc