[3830] NCCC Sprint VA7ST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint VA7ST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 20:37:32 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 10

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:   6     5
   40:   3     3
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:   9     8  Total Score = 72

Club:

Comments:

Sure. The night I finally get SO2R organized -- now with dual monitors so I can
see all those N1MM windows -- and the bands fall apart.

I thought my 40M coax must have been snipped by rascally squirrels. A few
signals heard minutes into the sprint, but just three actual Qs despite many
rounds of CQing and S&Ping.

80M was better, but high and steady noise tonight. Managed a half a dozen Qs,
but really the band wasn't quite open at this time of evening. Tom W7WHY had a
big signal up here, but most others were tougher copy.

Checked into the NCCC net on 3.610 afterward just to see if things would
improve over the next half hour. They got worse, if anything. The short (240')
Beverage helped reduce noise so I could hear guys east of the Rockies.