[3830] NA Sprint RTTY NI6T HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, garry@ni6t.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY NI6T HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:19:52 -0700
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: NI6T
Operator(s): NI6T
Station: NI6T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   49
   40:   55
   20:   15
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC

Comments:

I am glad this was a "for fun" outing. 20m was sparse from the opening bell. I
made early moves to 40m, but to around 7040 instead of 7080 and only ran into
enough guys to think it was the right place! I also QLFed re duping--I had read
the rules, looking for the dupe exception for RTTY, did not find it, and so
initially refused dupe requests. Then another participant strongly insisted the
dupe rule was still in effect so I started calling and answering dupes. I
thought it strange that some ops went along and some did not answer. Then K5ZD
just as strongly insisted that the rule had been changed--and I stopped duping
again.

There did not seem to be much activity, and doubles became ever more rare. By
the end of the Sprint, I was grateful that it had only been four hours long.

Not my most memorable outing, but any contest is better than no contest. My
apologies to those to whose confusion I added. I hope the dupe rule is well
understood next time.