[3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:57:20 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

Total:  QSOs = 173  Total Score = 846

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Trying out my new full-sized dipole fed with ladder line up about 50' in the
middle.  Seemed to play pretty well for low power.  Band was very quiet but QSB
was sometimes very pronounced.  Nice to be called by F and GW at their dawn.
Only other DX worked were G and KH6.  KH6LC was very loud at my dawn and was
CQing with few answers.  Heard two VKs pretty well but they couldn't hear my
100 watts.  Only worked one EL grid.  Where were all the FL gang?

Went to bed around 10 PM local when things slowed down and got up at about 1:30
AM for the EU sunrise.  That seems to be a good strategy when you don't feel
like staying up the whole night.

I really like the format of the TBDC.  It's a lot of fun to watch the points
pile up on those distance contacts.

Thanks to Tree for all his work on the Stew.  Already looking forward to the
December event.

73,

Hal W1NN