[3830] TBDC N2WN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N2WN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 04:51:12 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Grainger Co.
Operating Time (hrs): ~10

Total:  QSOs = 190  Total Score = 1,070

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Had my first QSO with K8JQ who was just starting to climb out of the noise. No
special Rx antenna used, I did get one short beverage up but with pending tree
work didn't run feed into the shack. Still mowing so the EU one isn't up yet,
everyone worked was heard on the Tx marconi. Conditions Saturday afternoon and
evening were quiet, noisier Sunday morning for a while.

First DX was GW3YDX, who sounded local, VERY solid signal, even with the
adjacent QRM. Best DX was S56A, who I heard earlier, when he started calling CQ
almost on top of me. Tired calling him then and when he slid up the band, but
wasn't 'til about an hour later I caught him in the DX window. Seemed to be a
lot of US running in the window, which doesn't bode well for the bigger Top
Band contests.

Rag chewed with Rick, WB8JUI and Peter, W3ZM for a few. Think Rick made a good
move working the EU sunrise, judging by his score ;o) And I'm quite sure he
won't be watching fooooball during prime hours of the "real" thing *heheh*

Looks like we'll have a good turnout for the coming 160M contests, look forward
to logging everyone.

73,
Julius
n2wn

Elecraft K3/100
72' Marconi with many chopped up radials (gotta love mowing uneven bone dry
ground)