[3830] CQWW SSB K1RX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpridesti@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K1RX M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 06:27:09 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): N9NC, KG1E, WA1T, K1WHS, K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:  148    14       61
   80:  549    25      101
   40:  468    28      110
   20: 1530    35      128
   15:  510    28      107
   10:   76     6       16
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Special thanks to Tom, N9NC (SU9NC fame) now living in NH and recent addition to
the YCCC membership roles and my part time crew that helped this weekend.  Good
conditions (big surprise!) and lots of coffee kept things on track.

Just prior to the start of the contest, Tom added to the antenna farm a Pennant
antenna that we planned to use on 160 M.  Still needs for further work (add a
pre-amp) but overall it helped when the heavy rains hit on Sat. night.  Was
very helpful on 40 M too while the yagi was hammered by rain static.

Thanks to returning YCCC member, Al, KG1E that spent most of Saturday getting
acquinted with the station and the logging SW (CT).  Did a good job keeping the
20 M position moving during Saturday.  Then after he left Sat. night, Tom and I
(K1RX) were thinking well, that's it!  It's you and me baby for the rest of the
weekend!  Wrong - got a Sunday afternonon visit from WA1T who had in tow, Dave,
K1WHS. Also who made a visit on Sunday was a new ham to the neighborhood,
KB1QOV.  Think he got an eyeful of the action and fun one can have during a
contest weekend.

First serious effort (well, not really being a CW fan) and in a new category
for me - Multi 2.  Had two stations setup 1) 80, 20, 10 and 2) 160, 40, 15 and
a third radio on 10 M that was used in conjunction with the 15 M station (one
on, one off to meet the band change requirements).  Sunday on 10 M was good
enough to warrant shutting down 15 M for awhile.  Have noticed one amp that now
has soft tubes so shifted a few boxes around to optimize the station.

Now looking for that more serious effort in the CW slugfest!  Thanks to the
operators around the world that made the weekend so much fun.

Mark, K1RX