[3830] CQWW SSB VO1MP SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gussam@nl.rogers.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VO1MP SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 06:33:39 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VO1MP
Operator(s): VO1MP
Station: VO1MP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NL
Operating Time (hrs): 27 Hrs

  160:   39     9       31
   80:  308    14       66
   40:  580    22       88
   20: 1270    29       95
   15:  351    19       57
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions from here  were  fair , still no 10 meters , 15 was spotty and some
what erratic  with A  VERY RAPID QSB at times, 20 meters was  a bit of a ZOO
with wall to wall stations , tough  to find a CQing frequency,  the usual
complaint  for peanut whisltes like me hi! station seemed to   work fairly well
 , did have A glitch in logging program at begining of contest  on 40 meters
that resulted in the loss of my first  25  qsos all of  which were multipliers
at the time , presumably I worked replacements for them  ??
Usual assortment of over processed audio, some of  which might be attributed to
poorly set or designed Voice keyers and of course the operator's enthusiasm and
wish to be loud or louder  ...  where I thought it might be appreciated I took
the time to try to give a real report..... it's amazing how many  operators
dont twig on to  a report  such a  you are 2 by 9 plus 20 caused by distorted
audio. !!!  go figure ? some were actually appreciative and  did make an effort
to re-adjust .
Great Fun   CQWW always has  largest turn OUT  of participants of ANY contest
nice to run across lots of familiar calls .. did manage to get a reasonable
amount of sleep sandwiched in between some good operating runs.. as for
conditions .... 20 was  good .... I always feel.......... they are .. what they
are.....  and  you take what's offered and  wait till next year  .....hopefully
!!

THanks for all the QSOs
C'Y'ALL NEXT ONE  GLWCDR

73  Gus  VO1MP