[3830] CQWW SSB N0HR SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pat@n0hr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N0HR SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 07:55:35 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N0HR
Operator(s): N0HR
Station: N0HR

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:   12     4        5
   80:    7     2        2
   40:   87    22       51
   20:  258    24       88
   15:  167    19       62
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Mostly this was an effort to get the station ready for the winter. I took Friday
afternoon off to put up an inverted L for 160. Only one radial, tuned to ~1910
khz. Still work to do there.

Couldn't work on the 80m L until Saturday morning - which turned out to be a
train wreck. I believe that my tower/antennas are too close to being resonant
on 80m resulting in terrible SWR. My bit of modeling did not show that (but I
didn't spend much time modeling the tower):
http://www.n0hr.com/Lowband%20antenna%20site%20considerations%20and%20goals.htm

So, not having 80 was disappointing and 10 didn't work out in Iowa. Lots of
room for improvement in the station, my operating skills, and some sunspots
wouldn't hurt.

http://www.n0hr.com/