[3830] CQWW SSB KD4HXT SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KD4HXT SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 08:16:55 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KD4HXT
Operator(s): KD4HXT
Station: KD4HXT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: California - SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 10.7

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    2     2        2
   40:   25    11        9
   20:   89    34       18
   15:   60    28       16
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This was my first year to try Low Power again (with new radio) after doing QRP
the last couple of years.

It did not take long for Murphey to stike this year.  At 5:40pm local Friday
evening, an S9 line noise kicked in, audible on all bands from 160 thrugh 15.
Have not a clue of it's location. It went away about 10am Saturday morning.  So
that killed some key operating periods for me.

15 was actually not bad.  I gave 10-meters a try several times and never heard
a peep. Pretty much only heard the Big Guns. After 20-meters died Saturday
night, I went to 40 and pretty much nobody could hear each other.  Heard many
DX stations calling with no response and they could never hear me. Went to bed
early after that because Sunday was a huge production day at work.

Maybe CW weekend will have more luck.  So good ears out in radio world, so
thanks for listenng!!!

Equipment:
FT-950
Full Wave Horz. Sky Loop at 25 ft.