[3830] IlQP N8II Non-IL HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP N8II Non-IL HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:01:30 -0700
                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Non-IL HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 6.75

  160:      0        0
   80:     58       29
   40:     99       74
   20:     12        1
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
------------------------
Total:    169      104  Mults = 80  Total Score = 30,360

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As usual I wasn't full of energy, so I took the course of most enjoyment running
on SSB, rather than best score effort searching out the mobiles in the rare
counties. I probably missed about 7-10 counties that could have been worked. At
the start, the mobiles were weak on 40 which lasted until around 19Z. There was
enough fixed station activity, that the QRM made searching out the mobiles more
difficult. 20 never opened except on backscatter; I was surprised to scrape up
13 Q's; K9CT was at the edge of the skip zone fairly loud with lots of echo. 40
was wide open by 19Z and closed around my sunset at 23Z and I didn't hear much
mobile activity after that despite good 80M condx from 2330 until the end.
Thanks to the mobiles for keeping up the interest and sorry I lost track of
KJ9C and Jim, N9JF for long stretches; both were apparently operating the whole
time. N9BIL/M had the best moblie signal and thanks also for several Q's from
W9MSE/M. This was my first semi-serious ILQP effort. I've learned now to not
neglect the mobiles next time. Thanks to the sponsor and hope to be back next
year with some 20M Q's like in 2007.