[3830] CQWW SSB G4FKA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB G4FKA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:18:07 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: G4FKA
Operator(s): G4FKA
Station: G4FKA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bristol
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   59     3       22
   80:  155     7       42
   40:  221    11       47
   20:    2     2        2
   15:   64    13       20
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Bristol Contest Grp

Comments:

Different approach this year. I called it my "low band odyssey" with the
intention of using only 160/80/40 to try to top up the DXCC slots. Generally
enough to keep it going for a few hours. Quiet period on Sunday afternoon with
few new ones to work so migrated to 15 for a couple of hours to pick off a few
NA/SA. Certainly the most Qs I've worked on the low bands in this event.

Sticking with very crowded 80/40 bands for long periods doesn't do brain cells
any good but I think I survived!

Interesting conditions on 40 with NA coming in at good strength on both days
several hours after local sunrise. Some good antennas at their end I guess.

Usual set-up; IC756 ProIII, 30m inverted V doublet at 10m and 40m quarter wave
wire vertical.

Will try the same tactics in CW next month; hopefully a bit easier to grab a
few new ones on the low bands. Also to exploit those fruitful hours either side
of local sunrise that I usually miss.

Geoff G4FKA