[3830] CQWW SSB GI5K(MI0LLL) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB GI5K(MI0LLL) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:52:37 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: GI5K
Operator(s): MI0LLL
Station: MI0LLL

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2966    39      142
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Yep the stations were tightly packed from one end of the band to the other and
the QRM as everyone said was mad but it was fun as we all had the same
problems,
O and if i took your frequency or came too close, its because,.... well there
was nowhere else to operate, i was hoping that 15m and 10m would open good for
the one reason that it would give me some elbow room on this band.

There was some poor local propagation throughout the first night, and only
really started the contest at 6:00z with 80 contacts, last years winner of this
EU category S57AL had 331 contacts by that time, it was a difference that i
would reduce but lose again.

Propagation to JA and VK on both days was surprisingly good from this part of
the world, 30 VK's and 97 JA's logged, only missed one zone (36),
a single band effort does teach you a lot about propagation movements around
the world,
Unfortunately i was forced to end the contest on the first day at around 20:00,
good NA run going at the time, 1841 contacts was the total,

Day two brought poorer conditions to NA with the band closing to there around
19:00, it did give me a chance to search for those SA and CAR multipliers i
missed on the first day, spent over 30mins calling TG9ANF as did some other
Europeans to no avail, he was a solid +5 at one time and he was using
100w, i think he had a high noise level,
overall i thought the propagation was good for the bottom of the cycle, however
i did note that from here into central and northern europe was less than
expected, meaning a greatly reduced number of DL's logged.

Thanks to the organisers and sponsors of this event, logs are now on LOTW.

73s
Chris MI0LLL / GI5K
http://www.mi0lll.com

!   EU   !   NA   !   SA   !   AF   !   AS   !   OC   !
!  43.7% !  42.3% !   1.8% !   1.0% !   9.4% !   1.7% !

GI5K
20 - All modes
QSOs (with dupes) - By time

! Hr !          !