[3830] CQWW SSB N2MM SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N2MM SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:48:47 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2MM
Operator(s): N2MM
Station: N2MM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: SNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:   35    23       10
   80:  221    80       21
   40:  248    96       27
   20:  564   116       31
   15:  269    87       24
   10:   30    11        8
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Frustration !!!! Took off Friday to clear up paperwork, fix the 80m ant and fix
the rotor for the TH6DXX. Everything done by 3PM. Friday night 80m and 40m
played well. Saturday AM 20M was a real zoo. Band opened early, but couldn't
get the attention of EU until 1300z. Never could find a spot to run. 15, wasn't
really good, especially using a tri-bander at 50 feet. (sure missed the 5 el
monobander at 100 feet) Picked off whatever mults I could find. Maybe 100 qsos.
First sleep period Saturday evening 9:30PM-11:00PM. Cleaned off 80m and 40m by
1:30AM, then went to bed until 6:00AM. Cleaned up mults on 40m and 80 m, then
went to 20m. Band much better as I could actually run stations and break the
pileups on mults. Around 10AM, some digital signal at +20db showed up on right
on my run frequency of 14173 and stayed there most of the day.(Did anyone hear
that? Does anyone know what or who that was?)

15m signals weren't great and my low ant was basically useless except for
hunting mults. I probably lost 500k. The rest of Sunday was spent flipping
between bands looking for qsos and mults. 10M finally showed some signs of life
Sunday afternoon, but signals were puny weak, mostly PY and some carribeans.

Bottom line....no hardware or software problems, but lots of operator faux pas'
Need to fix 15m ant., put down 30 more radials for 160m, and put up the 600ft
beverage before CQWW CW

Icom 756pro/Alpha 78....
TH6DXX @ 50 feet
204BA @ 92 feet