[3830] CQWW SSB KR2Q SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KR2Q SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:23:20 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: FN20ru NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 33.5

  160:   11     2        2
   80:    7     3        3
   40:  107    18       53
   20:  294    22       90
   15:  187    19       66
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Fun contest, but 50% of the QSO's were real work.  Took the week off to rest up,
but ended up doing some tower/antenna work on Thursday, which I totally over-did
and was subsequently really, really, really tired.  Old, fat, and out of shape
are not a winning combination.  Have to fix that...one of these years.

Started the contest, made about a dozen Q's and collapsed.  Went to bed and
slept soundly all night.  Next QSO at 1311z on Saturday (yikes)on 15.  Band was
already real hot.  Oh Well.  Had 4 hours off time on Sunday.

Despite "bottom of the cycle," I still managed to work a total of 98 DXCC
(combined from all bands)...all with QRP and on (ugh) phone.  Looking at my
breakdown, I simply have to do something about the low bands (like put up a
real antenna).  Hopefully, for CW.

I called CQ once...and was answered by G3TXF (thanks!).  Everything else was
S+P.

Some really loud guys CQ'ed in my face while others who were weak here heard me
after a couple of calls.  5B4AII got my complete call on a single call...on 40m.
 Impressive.

Ran into lots of good friends.  Especially happy to say hello and "chat" with
Willy (from the old UK9AAN days).  Can't believe these two old dogs are still
at it.  :-)

CU in SS and then WW CW.

de Doug KR2Q