[3830] CQWW SSB CT1ENQ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, etjfonte@ua.pt
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB CT1ENQ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:14:52 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CT1ENQ
Operator(s): CT1ENQ
Station: CT1ENQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN51uk
Operating Time (hrs): 22,5

  160:    1     1        1
   80:  108     8       39
   40:   55     7       27
   20:  224    14       57
   15:  139    16       53
   10:   11     4        9
------------------------------

Club: NPDXG Northern Portugal DX Group

Comments:

My third CQ WW. The goals were to have an improved or similar score as last
year. The station is exactly the same, i also got home tired from a busy week
(new job) as last year. Seems that the only different thing was the propagation
:)

Basically, i had the exact same number of Qs on 20m, made more 16 Qs on 15 and
less 44 Qs on 10m. On the lower bands, more 48 Qs on 80m and less 39 Qs on 40m.
(Comparing with the final results from 2007)

Indeed, 10 meters opened briefly saturday late morning, 15 opened both days but
saturday, mostly central and eastern europe while sunday was mostly central and
south america. 40 and 20m were like a sardine can. Was virtually impossible to
have a few kHz free. What a mess, stations on the same frequency, huge
splatter, etc. Even with wider 40m the scene did not change on this band. I´m
amazed by the low number of Qs on this band. Note, i DID try.

On the other hand, 80m was not that bad.

Many stations were 59+ but i just didnt get trought.
Did miss A61, 7Z1, ET3, AY4, 6Y1, CX7 and many north american calls, mostly on
15 and 20.

Funniest moment was answering UA9CLB CQ on 15m and he replied with "CT1ENQ
frequency is in use", and i replied with "I'm calling you..." :)

I think i made more 3 pointers this year than last year.
Anyway, the claimed score last year was higher and also on Q numbers.

2007: 557 Qs > 220k  points (claimed)
2007: 537 Qs 187,565 points (final)
2008: 538 Qs 189,980 points (claimed) (- 9 countries | - 2 zones | more pts)

At least i beat the final score from 2007 but must see if i reduced the number
of NIL Qs.

Not bad for 100W and a "wire does all bands" antenna!

Radio: Icom 706 MKIIG (w/ 1.9kHz SSB Filter)
Antenna: Off center feed home made dipole with manual MFJ 971 AT
Power: ~100W
Logger: N1MM
TimeOn: ~22h

Thanks all for the Qs.