[3830] SS CW VO1HE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vo1he@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] SS CW VO1HE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 04:51:52 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VO1HE
Operator(s): VO1HE
Station: VO1HE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: The Rock
Operating Time (hrs): 5

------------
  160:   0
   80:   0
   40:  26
   20:  31
   15:   8
   10:   0
------------

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Ok, here's what I don't like about SS. I was poking around to see if I could get
the sweep in 80 contacts. Why? I don't know but I thought I'd give it a go as I
didn't really have a lot of time to put into it.

Anyway, I was doing pretty good when I heard a N9 calling CQ with no one
calling him. I checked QRZ.com to see where he lived and it was IN... So I sez
"I need IN"! I made the decision to trust QRZ and, instead of waiting for
someone else to work him first, I gave him a call only to get a NH!!! NH!!! I
already had NH!!! Gaaaaah!!!

Why is it not required to put a location modifier on a call (ie. VO1HE/VE3) in
a contest like SS when the op is not in his/her region? How many times do you
hear a K6 or W7 in MDC or VA while the occasional N1 or AB2 shows up in EB or
WWA? It shouldn't be. It's enough to drive you to drink... more.

Anyway, with my lofty goal thwarted (not that I had much chance of getting it
anyway), I continued on and found a few more mults.

I think I'll go to VE3EJ's station for the SS SSB contest, sign VO1HE, and
break all those hearts hoping for an easy NL :)

CU in the next one -- Paul VO1HE