[3830] SS CW W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 06:05:56 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  489
   40:  380
   20:   96
   15:   41
   10:
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Three dipoles up about 50' and an OMNI VI.  I put up a new coax-fed 80 meter
dipole just a couple of days before the contest and it seemed to perform well.
Worked plenty of West Coast and was called by two KL7s on 80.

Everything worked well until Sunday morning when I started having a lot of
problems with the computer.  Somehow RF was causing the computer to freeze,
requiring a forced shutdown and restart.  It happened about 8-10 times but
fortunately only one time during a productive run, so the damage was minimal.

I spent a lot of time analyzing last year's results to see where I could
improve and it paid off with about 120 more contacts.  But condx seemed to be a
little better too so that also helped.

CU all in CQWW CW from 7J1AAI (40 SB).

73, Hal W1NN