[3830] SS CW N4PN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4PN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 06:18:43 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MACON,GA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:    0
   80:  475
   40:  120
   20:  350
   15:   60
   10:    0
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This was just a lot of fun operating from home...as my friend says..SS is
just another name for a "Worked All States" contest....with a small station,
I can at least be competitive...(I'll be single band 40m in the CQ WW CW from
W8JI later this month.)

Had read somewhere earlier in the week that Jay, VY1JA would likely not be
on this year or at best, very little...After reading all the post, I guess
I was really lucky as VY1EI called me on 20m very early on Saturday evening.
Never heard VE8EV...also, called early by VY2SS...

Lots of hours between section 79 and 80...with ND being the sweep...had QSY'd
from 15m to 20m and landed on a strong K0's frequency, so moved up the band
and
right into a big pileup...KE0A in North Dakota...

Great to hear 15m open with signals from out west that knocked the earphones
off several times...never even took a look at 10m but probably didn't miss
a thing..80m was great here with zero QRN (listening on two short beverages).
40m was strange...long stuff for awhile and then could work AL and SC for
short periods..

Had just received the plaque from ARRL for last years SS on Saturday...It's
really great and will find a spot on the wall today...
Thanks to ARRL and their leasership and to their many sponsors.

73, Paul, N4PN