[3830] SS CW K1LT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K1LT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 06:39:15 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:   12
   80:  479
   40:  386
   20:  133
   15:   50
   10:
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This year the goal was a clean sweep and a 1000 Qs while operating
"unassisted".  Although I screwed up my sleeping schedule, I still
easily made my 1000 QSO goal.  I did have to stop early for family
reasons, so I could have worked maybe another 60 QSOs in that time.

I didn't find out about VY1EI's operation until Sunday afternoon when
I was bored and started reading the CQ-Contest mail list.  So, I
missed VE8 for 79 sections.  Strangely, EWA, KY and NLI were all late
to appear in my log, although I eventually worked a number of each of
them.  Last year's hard to find section WY was very numerous this
year.  I have never worked so many AKs.

I was surprised by the number of QRP entries.  Most of them had fine
signals but there was quite a few times when I had to really squeeze
the phones against my head to hear my report.  Since QRP and Low Power
status is part of the exchange, maybe both stations should get point
credit for low power and QRP contacts.

Equipment:

IC765, ETO 91B (thanks, K8ND, for the long loan)
160/80: 65' "T" with 125 radials
40-10: ancient 4-BTV on the ground over 32 radials