[3830] SS CW N2IC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N2IC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 08:43:14 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  241
   40:  601
   20:  621
   15:   97
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

A very fun SS. No useful propagation on 15 at the start, for the first time in
recollection. Thought that starting on 20 would not be good - you know - lost
in a forest of big signals. I was wrong. Best start ever that just continued
when I moved to 40. The new M2 40M4LLDD plays very well.

Still not sure on whether to work dupes. I did it this time, and the downside
is that the QSO number becomes very inflated - I think the last number I gave
out was 1587. I guess that doesn't matter if you don't mind psyching out the
competition.

It's very disappointing that despite all the publicity in QST, too many random
guys haven't a clue what the exchange is. My favorite was "1D EPA". What can
you do with these guys except say 599 and move on ? Also, too many guys don't
know how to respond to PRE?, PREC?, PWR?, CK? or YR?. It's easier to just ask
for a repeat of the entire exchange. How about a new Q signal, like QRQST - go
read the rules in QST !

Worked every section at least twice. VY1EI called in early. VE8EV called in
later. Ten KL7's ! North Dakota was rarer than neighboring Manitoba. Not many
VE6's, compared to CQWW SSB a week earlier.

Congrats to Gator@K5TR, Alex@WP3R and Mark@N0NI for the great scores !

Thanks for all the QSO's from everyone !

73,
Steve, N2IC