[3830] SS CW VE2OJ(VE3KI) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3iay@storm.ca
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE2OJ(VE3KI) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:38:58 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE2OJ
Operator(s): VE3KI
Station: VE2DWA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Gatineau QC
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    1
   80:  322
   40:  191
   20:  239
   15:   25
   10:
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

AFAIK the VE2OJ club call has previously been used only in 160m contests. I made
one 160m QSO for tradition's sake. We'll be back to 160 as a multi-op in the
ARRL 160 contest coming up.

Missed NT. Heard VE8EV once while S&P'ing, he called VE3TA with pretty decent
signals. Tried to call him on Paul's frequency, but no luck (I probably doubled
with VE3DZ - sorry, Yuri)... Never heard VY1EI. Worked MB, ND and PR only once
each.

Thanks to VE2DWA and LW8EXF for their hospitality and the opportunity to work
SS from QC. It was nice to be the person who helped someone else make a sweep
(happened at least three times) - that never happens from ON!

This was the first major CW contest for my Elecraft K3 - a chance to play with
AGC and filter settings. Amp was a Ten-Tec Titan (QSK).
Antennas: TH7 at 50 feet, fixed TH3 at 10 feet (for a couple of close-in 20m
QSOs), wires on 40/80/160.