[3830] SS CW KR2Q Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KR2Q Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:38:01 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NNJ fn20ru
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  250
   40:  128
   20:  224
   15:   12
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

I worked 36 other QRPers, which I thought was a lot until I checked last year,
when I worked 45 of 'em.

This year, only three of them were ahead of me when I worked them, a LOT
different than last year, but there were a LOT of sizable QRP qso numbers being
sent my way.  Worked K4RO early on and he was less than 10 Q's ahead of me.
"Not too bad" I thought, not knowing when he had actually started.  Some time
on Sunday afternoon, I heard him again, like 160 QSO's ahead of me.  It's great
to hear him at work.

Also on Sunday afternoon (NJ time), weird stuff started happening to my brain.
I was just losing it.  My wife called me for dinner 23:21z and I figured that
taking a 30 minute off time was fine.  But when I left the rig, I was really
disoriented - groggy.  Then my face and sinuses started to get all "tingly" -
like when anesthesia just starts to hit or when I've had "too much food" with
MSG (from days long gone).  I wolfed down dinner and grabbed some TV News.  The
next thing I know, my wife is waking me while I am sitting on the couch.

First, she tells me that I left the refridge door open (I've never done that).
that she looks at me and says, "you're bad...go to bed."  I went to the radio.
I sat down and just starred at it.  Maybe a last minute nap would help.  Woke
up at 3:15am local time on Monday, when the alarm clock went off --- time for
the salt mines.  Oh well!  :-)

Missed ND, NT, MB.  Never even heard the first two.

Still, I worked a few more Q's than last year...and in a bit less time, but no
sweep.  It was fun while it lasted (what I remember of it).

CT + Elecraft K3 (what a nice radio!)