[3830] SS CW W4KFC(K4EU) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4eu@vabb.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W4KFC(K4EU) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 17:06:08 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4KFC
Operator(s): K4EU
Station: K4EU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

------------
  160:
   80:  417
   40:  105
   20:  209
   15:  101
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Vic/W4KFC most certainly is smiling down on us, this 75th anniversary year of
ARRL's Sweepstakes and the 75th anniversary year of Vic's entry into Ham Radio.
 Hence, we chose to use 33 as the 'CK' to go along with this special airing of
W4KFC.  What a great honor for me to key W4KFC during this SS/CW.  Thanks to
PVRC President, Ken/K4ZW, and special thanks to Vic's son, Ken, now the holder
of W4KFC, for the use of this hallowed callsign.  Reaction and comment from
some long-time contesters was both amusing and heart warming.  One fellow
commented "TKS OT," while I believe K9BGL pretty much fell out of his chair
when I called him.  He said, "WOW!"  W1ECH opined, "A special callsign that has
great meaning to me."  I believe it was K7SS who commented, "73 Vic SK," and
NN1N who said "GRF and now KFC."  There were many others who personalized the Q
and called Vic by name.  This was definitely great fun and nastalgic on both
sides of the QSO.

And, it was a great plus to be able to run the table for a clean sweep in this
one.  I found VY1EI on 20 Sunday morning and got the Q so was well on my way.
Strangly enough, OK and ID were my last two sections for the sweep which I
worked in short order later on Sunday morning.  While calling CQ on 20 Sunday
afternoon, VE8EV calls in for my second NT in the log.... Vic definitely said
something to the contest gods to cause this event.

To sum up, what a grand experience!  Thanks for all the Q's and comments....
Vic is planning a return visit during the SS/SSB so look for him then.

73.....//Steve K4EU ((W4KFC for 21 hours))

FT-1000/Field
QRO amp
8 ele LP - 20/15
Inverted Vee -- 80/40