[3830] CQWW SSB TC4X(OH2PM) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@pp1.inet.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB TC4X(OH2PM) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:04:27 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: TC4X
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: TC4X

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: ALANYA
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1921    38      132
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1921    38      132  Total Score = 927,000

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

It was a new and encouraging experience to work CQWW from the Mediterranean
coast of Turkey.
The antenna was 2el SteppIR on top of an 8m telescopic mast on the roof of a
9-floor building, 100m away from the coast line. The antenna was erected in
August for the European DX Contest. East and Southeast directions were  blocked
by mountains. Equipment used were FT1000MP and 91B amplifier. The birectional
mode of SteppIR was very useful. When beaming to Eastern Europe Africa is right
behind. I called often my CQs in bidictional mode and collected 35 African QSOs,
by far my personal all time best on 20m.
The NA openings were surprisingly short. The Sunday evening opening was missed
by heavy rain and continuous flashes of lightnings.I had to disconnet antenna
and stay away from radio. Thus the number of NA QSOs was to my disappointment
only 190 instead of the expected 1000. Hope better luck during the CW part.

See you in contests again de Pertti, OH2PM recently QRV as OG2P.