[3830] SS CW N8TR(K8MR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N8TR(K8MR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 18:35:13 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N8TR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: N8TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  199
   40:   92
   20:   56
   15:   35
   10:    0
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This was the first stop of four on my annual single operator multi station CW SS
tour. Conditions during this time seemed OK but not great. 80 was going slightly
long; guys in OH and nearby places like K9NW and VE3EJ were clearly in skip
zones.  WV was one of the last sections worked.  I missed DE, WTX, EWA, ID, NT,
AK.

Usually I can get some good results to the west coast on 40 in the 01-02z
hours, but not this year. Not sure what the cause of that was.

Add me to the list of guys who were getting their first time on a K3. I didn't
have time to savor it, but it seemed to be as good as everyone else says.

One thought while operating here:  how is it that there can be so many MD
stations in SS, and I can still miss MD in a Sprint?

73  -  Jim  K8MR