[3830] JIDX SSB K6CSL SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] JIDX SSB K6CSL SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 19:49:34 -0800
                    JIDX Contest, Phone

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: CQ Zone 03
Operating Time (hrs): 6.0

   80:   0     0
   40:   0     0
   20:  13     9
   15:   0     0
   10:   0     0
-------------------
Total:  13     9  Total Score = 117

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had plans for 3 events for the weekend. First was to try to work a few
contacts in the OK/OM CW Contest, then the Kentucky QSO Party. KYQP was
confined to Saturday, so I figured I would try to work a few stations in the
SKCC 24 hour Weekend "Sprintathon". 1st, The only OK/OM stations I heard were
below 14.025, so I abandoned that idea. I went to search 20 SSB, after finding
no KY stations on 20 CW. I figured I would find some there. What to my surprize
was these 13 JA's, with nice signals, so I worked what I could find in the
General Class band. I did tune down below 14.225 and heard the great majority
of JA's down there, so I just took what I could reach. I figured the JA's would
show up, working split on 40 about 08:00Z. None showed up at all until 10:00Z,
they had poor signals, and were not listening in the General Phone Band. I did
hear one good signal, listening on 7.165. Finally I heard Masa, JH4UYB, who
always has a good signal here in SJV. He showed up at 11:30Z and listening for
no more than 5 minutes on 7.223. I called several times with no response. He
was focusing his attention on working South American stations, in Spanish. He
speaks pretty good Spanish, almost as good as his English. He shut down about
11:50Z. Very disappointing. I did enjoy working the SKCC event, working 11
stations on 20, 10Q's on 40, and 2 on 80 with a total of 14 mults and 90 bonus
points. It turned out being an enjoyable weekend, and a break between the 2 SS
weekends. I'm looking forward to putting in a full effort in SS SSB. 73's to
all. Bert, K6CSL